The Prince George Spruce Kings Junior A Hockey Club is accepting applications for the position of Athletic Therapist/Trainer.
Responsibilities & Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the care and attention of players, injuries, and taping requirements. Is expected to provide an injury report/update to the coaching staff so they are fully aware of player’s injuries on a daily basis.
• Responsible to give the players any medical treatment they may need prior to, during, or after practices/games.
• Has an Emergency Action Plan in place for any major injuries. Provide this to the opposing team, and post in dressing room as a reference sheet.
• Responsible to introduce the players to off ice warm-ups & cool downs. (Practices/Games)
• Organize medical binder with current medical forms, personal contact information, and allergies.
• Keep a log book in trainer’s room and update accordingly with any injuries, doctor/physio appointments set up by the team.
• Keep training room organized and clean at all times.
• Assist with organization and execution of the Spruce Kings Spring and Main Training Camps.
• Skate sharpening, and equipment care / minor fixes throughout the season
• Daily Laundry
• Assist equipment managers with ordering necessary equipment in the off-season dependent on inventory (helmets, visors, gloves, pants, sticks).
• Ensure player stalls are kept clean and tidy, and they are abiding by team rules and regulations.
• Pack and prepare medical supplies and equipment for road trips.
• Certified First Aid
• Hockey Canada Safety Person (HCSP) Course Certificiate
• Experience working with a junior hockey team would be considered and asset.
• Certified Athletic Therapist designation would be considered an asset
Job Start Date: August 15, 2019
Duration: Seasonal based on 8 months (August 15 – April 15)
Closing Date: June 30, 2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Only Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
Nanaimo Clippers – Office Assistant/Game Day Manager
The Nanaimo Clippers Hockey Club are a Junior A hockey team operating in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) and are seeking to fill a key role within our Front Office team. The title of the position will be Office Assistant / Game Day Manager.
Administrative, Game Days and operationally based assignments will be the primary responsibility of this team member. However, the successful candidate will also be offered an opportunity to work closely with the Team Executive and Ownership on Marketing, Community Engagement, and other initiatives/strategies all geared at building the Nanaimo Clippers brand in the community with the ultimate goal of delivering best-in-class fan experience.
This role requires non-traditional hours during the Hockey Season (late August to April) so working hour flexibility is a must. The salary will be dependent on experience and also on the versatility of the candidate to work within secondary areas of the business that will provide a positive impact on the Clipper’s bottom line. Training will be provided in areas that fall outside of primary scope of role.
Passion for the community and sport will be an asset in this role as this position will also offer the candidate a unique opportunity for career development within the Sports Entertainment Industry.
- Passionate & Energetic;
- Quick Learner;
- Experience in Excel;
- Can work independently;
- Organized and able to work on tight deadlines;
- Eye for detail / Trouble Shooter / Problem solver;
- Ability to work flexible hours; and
- Good Communication and Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge with a strong working knowledge of MS EXCEL;
- Min 2 years’ experience in a similar role – (Retail, Office Management, Bookkeeping, and/or Customer Service);
- Ability to learn new systems and process information quickly; and
- Good understanding of Social Media Platforms
- Base salary range will be between $30K – $40K and be dependent on experience;
- 2-3 weeks annual Vacation;
- Cell Phone;
- Annual Bonus considerations and for achieving Ticketing revenue benchmarks; and
- Commissions (if applicable)
Click here for more details.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Director of Business Operations – Nanaimo Clippers
Powell River Kings – Play-by-play announcer
Powell River Kings Hockey Club have an opening for a play-by-play announcer for the upcoming 2019-20 season.
This is seasonal job and an opportunity to launch your broadcasting career. It’s also an opportunity to perform other duties for the hockey team, including sales, media relations and marketing.
Remuneration will be based on technical skills, social media proficiency, ability to handle tasks related to sales and other needs the organization requires for the hockey season.
For more information, call 604-483-1412 or email team governor Joe Mastrodonato: