West Kelowna Warriors – Athletic Trainer
The West Kelowna Warriors of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) have an immediate vacancy for the position of Athletic Therapist/Trainer for the 2019-2020 season.
The Athletic Therapist/Trainer position is a position within the organization that is responsible for all player injuries, sicknesses and general trainer duties. Some of the specific duties that the position includes are below:
- Working with the team doctor,
- Injury rehabilitation and prevention,
- Documentation of all injuries,
- Communicating all injuries to coaches and management,
- Skate sharpening and equipment maintenance,
- Practice preparation,
- Dressing room maintenance,
- Game preparation,
- Monitoring player nutrition,
- Supervising team off-ice workouts,
- Ordering and inventory of supplies,
- Packing for road trips,
- Comply with all Hockey Canada, BCHL, and BC Hockey rules and regulations
The successful candidate must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification, Sports First Responder certificate and possess strong communication skills with experience in the hockey industry. Preference will be given to candidates certified as Athletic Therapists. It is essential that the successful candidate understands the hockey environment and is able to handle the challenges it brings to the day-to-day work atmosphere.
Salary Range & Term
Minimum $2000 per month is negotiable based on a 10 month term (August 15 – June 15) which is also negotiable. The contract length or number of years is negotiable.
Please no phone calls or faxes. Only final candidates will be contacted. Apply by emailing resume and cover letter to Head Coach/General Manager Brandon West @ email@example.com.
Prince George Spruce Kings – Athletic Therapist
The Prince George Spruce Kings Junior A Hockey Club is accepting applications for the position of Athletic Therapist/Trainer.
Responsibilities & Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the care and attention of players, injuries, and taping requirements. Is expected to provide an injury report/update to the coaching staff so they are fully aware of player’s injuries on a daily basis.
• Responsible to give the players any medical treatment they may need prior to, during, or after practices/games.
• Has an Emergency Action Plan in place for any major injuries. Provide this to the opposing team, and post in dressing room as a reference sheet.
• Responsible to introduce the players to off ice warm-ups & cool downs. (Practices/Games)
• Organize medical binder with current medical forms, personal contact information, and allergies.
• Keep a log book in trainer’s room and update accordingly with any injuries, doctor/physio appointments set up by the team.
• Keep training room organized and clean at all times.
• Assist with organization and execution of the Spruce Kings Spring and Main Training Camps.
• Skate sharpening, and equipment care / minor fixes throughout the season
• Daily Laundry
• Assist equipment managers with ordering necessary equipment in the off-season dependent on inventory (helmets, visors, gloves, pants, sticks).
• Ensure player stalls are kept clean and tidy, and they are abiding by team rules and regulations.
• Pack and prepare medical supplies and equipment for road trips.
• Certified First Aid
• Hockey Canada Safety Person (HCSP) Course Certificiate
• Experience working with a junior hockey team would be considered and asset.
• Certified Athletic Therapist designation would be considered an asset
Job Start Date: August 15, 2019
Closing Date: July 15, 2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
Nanaimo Clippers – Office Assistant/Game Day Manager
The Nanaimo Clippers Hockey Club are a Junior A hockey team operating in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) and are seeking to fill a key role within our Front Office team. The title of the position will be Office Assistant / Game Day Manager.
Administrative, Game Days and operationally based assignments will be the primary responsibility of this team member. However, the successful candidate will also be offered an opportunity to work closely with the Team Executive and Ownership on Marketing, Community Engagement, and other initiatives/strategies all geared at building the Nanaimo Clippers brand in the community with the ultimate goal of delivering best-in-class fan experience.
This role requires non-traditional hours during the Hockey Season (late August to April) so working hour flexibility is a must. The salary will be dependent on experience and also on the versatility of the candidate to work within secondary areas of the business that will provide a positive impact on the Clipper’s bottom line. Training will be provided in areas that fall outside of primary scope of role.
Passion for the community and sport will be an asset in this role as this position will also offer the candidate a unique opportunity for career development within the Sports Entertainment Industry.
- Passionate & Energetic;
- Quick Learner;
- Experience in Excel;
- Can work independently;
- Organized and able to work on tight deadlines;
- Eye for detail / Trouble Shooter / Problem solver;
- Ability to work flexible hours; and
- Good Communication and Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge with a strong working knowledge of MS EXCEL;
- Min 2 years’ experience in a similar role – (Retail, Office Management, Bookkeeping, and/or Customer Service);
- Ability to learn new systems and process information quickly; and
- Good understanding of Social Media Platforms
- Base salary range will be between $30K – $40K and be dependent on experience;
- 2-3 weeks annual Vacation;
- Cell Phone;
- Annual Bonus considerations and for achieving Ticketing revenue benchmarks; and
- Commissions (if applicable)
Click here for more details.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Director of Business Operations – Nanaimo Clippers