MHL: The surging South Shore Lumberjacks have jumped to 10th in the rankings this week with the Edmundston Blizzard being tabbed 19th in the 132-team CJHL.
LHJAAAQ: At 19-2 in LHJAAAQ play les Cobras de Terrebonne is now slotted No. 3 nationally while 16-3-2 College Français de Longueuil comes in at No. 18.
CCHL: Despite having a 14-game win streak snapped with a shootout loss, the Carleton Place Canadians are 15-0-1 in their past 16 and remain No. 2 in the CJHL. Meanwhile the Fred Page Cup-host Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators moved to No. 13 in the nation.
OJHL: The Georgetown Raiders boast the best winning percentage in the OJHL and have moved up to No. 9 in the rankings. Joining them in the listings are Toronto Patriots (9th) and Wellington Dukes (Honourable Mention).
NOJHL: The NOJHL-leading Powassan Voodoos move to sixth in the CJHL this week as that league’s front-runner sits with an 18-3-0-1 overall record.
SIJHL: With five straight road games to begin November, the Norskies won all of them to remain perfect. The Dudley-Hewitt Cup host Dryden GM Ice Dogs are 11th.
MJHL: It’s tight atop the MJHL standings with the Steinbach Pistons (No. 5) tied with the OCN Blizzard (HM) while the Winkler Flyers (No. 16) are two points back.
SJHL: Battlefords sports the best win mark in the SJHL at .833 and are eighth in the CJHL. Meanwhile the Melfort Mustangs secured a Honourable Mention nod.
AJHL: The Okotoks Oilers picked up a No. 4 ranking with the Fort McMurray Oil Barons tabbed seventh and the red-hot Whitecourt Wolverines have reeled off 10 consecutive victories and jumped to No. 12 in the CJHL.
BCHL: Staying 15th in the weekly listing is the Trail Smoke Eaters. They pace the 17-team BCHL with 35 points. One point in arrears of Trail is the Vernon Vipers who garnered a honourable mention selection.
CJHL 2017-18 TOP 20 (As of Nov. 13/17)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST RANKING)
1. Thief River Falls Norskies (SIJHL) (1)
2. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (2)
3. Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJQ) (4)
4. Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) (5)
5. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (6)
6. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (7)
7. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (8)
8. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (3)
9. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (16)
10. South Shore Lumberjacks (MHL) (HM)
11. Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL) (10)
12. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (19)
13. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (14)
14. Toronto Patriots (OJHL) (9)
15. Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL) (15)
16. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (17)
17. Oakville Blades (OJHL) (HM)
18. College Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (11)
19. Edmundston Blizzard (MHL) (12)
20. Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL) (13)
Honourable Mention: Vernon Vipers (BCHL); Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL); Melfort Mustangs (SJHL); OCN Blizzard (MJHL); Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL RANKINGS
Selected by an independent scouting service, the rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including winning percentage; win-loss record; point totals; goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc., and the league they compete in.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is made up of the 10 Junior ‘A’ leagues across Canada.
Representing 132 teams and over 3,000 players, the CJHL also boast over 2,800 alumni furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.