The Penticton Vees host the Trail Smoke Eaters tonight in the Interior Division semifinal with the winner moving on to take on the Wenatchee Wild in round three.
Here’s what you need to know heading into tonight’s game:
- Each team swept their first-round opponent
- Penticton has outscored Trail 27-20 in the series
- After the home team won the first four games, both teams won their most recent games on the road
- These are the two highest-scoring teams in the playoffs
- Penticton has a league-best goal differential of +21 in the postseason
- The two teams have the highest power-play percentage of all remaining teams
- Penticton defenceman Jonny Tychonick has at least one point in each of his team’s 10 playoff games and leads all blueliners with 15 points
- Trail’s Kale Howarth is tied for seventh in playoff scoring with 14 points in ten games
Game seven goes tonight at 7 p.m. at South Okanagan Events Centre in Penticton. Click here to buy tickets.