Manager, Game Day and Business Operations
Job Description General
• Working as a key team member with a small group of staff and volunteers.
• Setting up, organizing and co-hosting weekly operations meetings. The weekly meeting, and agenda, is critical to the business and ensuring that it is set up productively is a key responsibility.
• Coordinating billet arrangements for players with support from a volunteer Billet Coordinator.
• Coordinates annual events such as the “Friends of Express” Dinner, year end awards banquet,
• Working with President, General Manager and Sales and Marketing Director on outsource and supplier relationships.
• Monitoring and growing the “intern” program and management of intern responsibilities.
• Supporting Accountant Manager with payroll, billet payments, supplier expenses, AP and AR etc.
• Sundry duties as assigned
• Game night and other cash management, liaising with Accountant Manager.
• Ticketing for season, group sales and game nights, including print and pick-ups.
• Supporting Game Night Coordinator with game night and event planning, including events, mini-games, birthday parties etc.
Community and Marketing
• Leading and co-ordinating Express community initiatives, including liaising with schools for visits and “game night” attendance, supporting city and team sponsor events, promoting the team with Coquitlam and other Tri-City minor hockey associations, etc.
• Purchase, sale and management of merchandise, including development of strategy to expand sales. Note: “game day” merchandise sales are supported by volunteers.
• Managing Express relationships, serving as point person for in-person and online enquiries for responding and distributing.
• Supporting registration and collection for Express Hockey Programs, including camps, spring teams, community and winter skates, etc.
• Providing social media support to the Sales and Marketing Director and the Social Media Coordinator in respect of website and social media program management and update. Qualifications
• 1-2 years working in a sports or hockey environment
• Knowledge of the game of hockey is required • Cash handling and/or basic accounting background considered an asset
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel • Must have effective oral and written communication skills
• Be willing and available to work some weekends and evenings on game nights • Able to multi-task and plan different events and jobs concurrently
• Ability to be innovative and provide creative solutions