NHL Central Scouting unveiled its players-to-watch list this week and of the 18 Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) players included, eight are from the BCHL.
- Penticton defenceman Jonny Tychonick is listed as a B-level prospect, meaning a possible second- or third-round selection.
- Wenatchee defenceman Slava Demin is listed as a B-level prospect.
- Chilliwack Chiefs defenceman Powell Connor is listed as a C-level prospect, meaning a possible fourth-, fifth- or sixth-round selection.
- Langley Rivermen forward Brendan Budy is listed as a C-level prospect.
- Langley Rivermen forward Angus Crookshank is listed as a C-level prospect.
- Nanaimo Clippers defenceman Max Crozier is listed as a C-level prospect.
- Trail Smoke Eaters defenceman Seth Barton is listed as a C-level prospect
- Vernon Vipers forward Brett Stapley is listed as a C-level prospect.
There were just five BCHLers listed on the Central Scouting report published in early October. Added for this latest ranking are Crookshank, Barton and Stapley.
The 2018 NHL Entry Draft will be held June 22 and 23 at American Airlines Center in Dallas.