Merritt Centennials – Head Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager
Posted: August 4, 2023
Reports to: General Manager and Head Coach
- Game and practice preparation, including dressing room maintenance.
- Skate sharpening and equipment maintenance (experience is considered an asset but training is available).
- Responsible for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses of players.
- Working in conjunction with the team doctor and other medical staff as needed, including coordinating and arranging player appointments.
- Communicating with and updating hockey operations staff regarding player injuries, conditions and recovery.
- Maintaining records regarding players’ conditions, training and treatment plans.
- Documentation of all injuries, training and treatment plans.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory of supplies.
- Assist with filing and processing insurance documents.
- Comply with all BCHL and organizational regulations and requirements.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the hockey industry
- Understanding of the hockey environment and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Preference will be given to those who are certified Athletic Therapists
- Sports First Responder Certificate
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool
- Criminal Record Check
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Trail Smoke Eaters – Assistant Coach
Posted: July 21, 2023
Salary: To be determined based on experience
Job Description: The Trail Smoke Eaters (TSE) are looking for an Assistant Coach to join the bench this season. This position will report directly to the General Manager/Head Coach. Responsibilities will include coaching, administrative, scouting, and recruiting, as well as expected involvement in skill development camps. We are looking for someone capable in all of the above fields who is organized, driven, and passionate about the sport of hockey. Ideal applicants will have coaching experience, as well as previous Juniors/professional playing experience.
Coaching Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the coaching staff with (YTP-Yearly Training Plan) practice planning, scheduling, and player development on and off ice. This includes team systems, tactics, and strategies along with individual player video meetings
- Assist with analytical and statistical team package
- Assist with special teams’ schemes in cooperation with the coaching staff
- Assist with opponent’s pre-scout with a detailed report of systems, tactics, and statistics along with necessary team video presentations using teams video software programs.
- Assist the Athletic Therapist or Strength & Conditioning Coach with in-season off-ice training plan and supervision of players during morning sessions
- Assist the Athletic Therapist or Equipment Manager when required with skate sharpening and/or equipment requirements
Administrative, Camps, scouting, & Recruiting Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Arrange all team travel: hotels, bussing, and meals for all road trips, including providing team travel itineraries to all players & staff. Team travel expenses are to be within yearly budgets
- Assist with player identification, recruitment, and scouting from all leagues
- Assist Coaching Staff by attending, organizing, and filling team ID/Showcase development camps
- Assist with organization and leading on-ice sessions for all Trail Smoke Eaters Skills Summer Camps, spring hockey practices, and minor hockey skill sessions as requested by the Director of Skill Development & Performance and approved by the Head Coach
- Assist with scheduling and supervising of community events and player curfew checks
- Coach one Spring Team to be determined by the Director of Skill Development and Performance
- Assist and/or lead off-season operational duties when required and any other responsibilities which are performed by an Assistant Coach of a Junior Hockey Club
To apply, please email a resume with a brief cover letter to Tim Fragle at T.Fragle@TrailSmokeEaters.com.
Trail Smoke Eaters – Athletic Therapist/Trainer
Posted: July 21, 2023
The Therapist / Trainer position is a position within the organization that is responsible for all player injuries, sicknesses and general trainer duties. Some of the specific duties that the position includes are below:
- Injury response, rehabilitation, follow-up, referrals, sicknesses and general trainer duties
- Documentation of all injuries, communication to coaches and management
- Working with team doctor, dentist, medical support & rehabilitation personnel
- Skate sharpening and equipment maintenance
- Practice and Gameday preparation
- Dressing room maintenance
- Monitoring player nutrition
- Supervising team off-ice workouts
- Maintaining, distribution, and documenting of medical/equipment supplies and budgets
- Comply with all BCHL Rules & Regulations
- Preparing for visiting team/trainer’s arrival
- Packing for road trips throughout British Columbia and Washington State
- Involvement in community and team-building events
The successful candidate must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification, Sports First Responder certificate and possess strong communication skills with experience in the hockey industry. Preference will be given to candidates certified as Athletic Therapists and those with concussion management certification. It is essential that the successful candidate understands the hockey environment and is able to handle the challenges it brings to the day-to-day work atmosphere. A valid passport is recommended for cross-border travel, though not required.
Please no phone calls or faxes. Only final candidates will be contacted. Salary and contract terms to be negotiated. Apply by emailing resume and cover letter to Craig Clare, Director of Hockey & Business Operations: C.Clare@TrailSmokeEaters.com
Salmon Arm Silverbacks – Trainer/Athletic Therapist
Posted: July 19, 2023
This individual is responsible for tending to all player injuries and performing all equipment manager duties, including dressing room maintenance/preparation, equipment repair, skate sharpening, laundry and more.
- Must be First Aid certified
- Must have experience sharpening skates
- Previous experience in junior hockey an asset
- Concussion management certification & Taping/Strapping certification an asset
- A valid passport is needed for cross-border travel, as well as a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Preference will be given to candidates certified as Athletic Therapists
- Injury response, rehabilitation & follow-up
- Documentation of all injuries & communication to coaches/management
- Working with team medical support & rehabilitation personnel
- Equipment repair, inventory & maintenance
- Dressing room setup for game days & practices
- Packing and preparing for road trips
- Skate sharpening
- Daily Laundry
- Preparing for visiting team/trainer’s arrival and assisting them where necessary
- Comply with all BCHL Hockey regulations
- Upkeep on dressing room cleans
To apply for this position, please email your resume and references to Brooks Christensen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surrey Eagles – Head Trainer
Reports to: General Manager & Head Coach, and operations/upper management
The Surrey Eagles are looking for a Head Trainer this upcoming season, who will have extensive interaction with coaches, staff, players and other rink employees, as required of this position. Expected responsibilities are to be taken care of at all practices and games. The position would be effective immediately and this role will be based out of South Surrey, B.C.
- Support athletes in development on and off the ice.
- Responsible for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illness
- Responsible for updating and communicating with the coaching staff and management regarding player injuries, conditions, and recovery.
- Provide first aid and emergency care services to athletes.
- Monitor injured players as they heal and progress towards recovery.
- Refer athletes to team doctors or other medical staff members.
- Assist with the coordination and arrangement of player appointments with doctors, dentists, and chiropractors.
- Maintain records related to athlete’s condition, training, and treatment plans.
- Responsible for filing and processing insurance documents.
- Handle inventory ordering, maintenance, and restocking of supplies, medical and equipment.
- Assist with game day preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training will be offered on most skills, but a knowledge of anatomy and first aid as well as a background in athletic therapy or kinesiology is preferred. Knowledge of skate sharpening or willingness to learn is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships
- The successful applicant must complete a full background screen and interview process
- Familiarity with all standard athletic training equipment is important
- Analyze and solve problems independently.
- Work in a high intensity, competitive, and deadline driven environment.
- Understand, adhere and enforce safety procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, etc).
- Hockey Canada University – Online Safety Person Training
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool CATT
- Criminal Record Check
- Respect in Sport
- First Aid
- Previous Experience In AT or Kin or with other organizations preferred
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume to: email@example.com