Prince George Spruce Kings
The Prince George Spruce Kings is a member team in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL). The Spruce Kings have been a cornerstone of junior hockey in Prince George and northern BC since 1972. We take pride in being one of the strongest and most stable organizations within the BCHL and across Canada and have a long history of promoting our players, coaches, and staff members to help them achieve their goals of advancing in the hockey world and in life.
The Trainer/Athletic Therapist position is a position within the organization that is responsible for all player injuries, sicknesses and general trainer duties. Some of the specific duties that the position includes are below:
Working with team doctor, injury rehabilitation and prevention, documentation of all injuries, communicating all injuries to coaches and management, conducting pre and post-game workouts, practice preparation, dressing room maintenance, game preparation, monitoring player nutrition, supervising team off-ice workouts, ordering and inventory of supplies, equipment maintenance, laundry, packing for road trips, comply to all Hockey Canada, BCHL, and BC Hockey rules and regulations
The successful candidate must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification, Sports First Responder certificate, up to date criminal record check and up to date vulnerable persons check. Preference may be given to persons certified as an Athletic Therapist. Candidates must possess strong communication skills with experience in the hockey industry. It is essential that the successful candidate understands the hockey environment and is able to handle the challenges it brings to the day-to-day work atmosphere.
Salary Range & Term
Salary and contract length negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Please no phone calls.
Those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Apply by emailing resume and cover letter to General Manager, Mike Hawes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BC Hockey League
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer and coordinate all financial systems, including accounts payable and receivables, banking procedures, recording payments and transactions, payroll, monthly account reconciliation, follow up on overdue accounts, financial forecasts, and managing the staff benefits package.
- Conduct assessment and analysis of league expenditures while supporting the teams in their efforts to be fiscally responsible. Budget monitoring to ensure no overages and identify cost-saving measures when necessary.
- Assist in creating the annual league office budget and analyzing year-end income statements and balance sheets on behalf of all BCHL teams.
- Maintain and authorize expense sheets from the league office personnel.
- Organize travel arrangements for all office personnel to events and league meetings.
- Submit applications for funding and grants while assisting in researching these funding opportunities.
- Track broadcast streaming viewership and ensure monthly reporting is being logged. Identify trends and irregularities in viewership and streaming revenue.
- Data entry and administrative tasks as assigned, including but not limited to maintaining the trade database, new recruit spreadsheet, and protection lists.
- Report to the CEO and COO and support the league office concerning financial matters, systems and processes. Work with the Finance Committee on a regular basis.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in finance or accounting.
- In-depth understanding of Canadian accounting principles for non-profit organizations.
- Solid understanding of Ceridian Powerpay (or equivalent payroll software) and Intuit QuickBooks Cloud Version (or equivalent accounting software).
- Strong computing skills with extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Skills and solid experience with financial systems, financial reporting, financial and business planning, and budget preparation.
- Ability to accurately analyze, interpret, summarize, and present financial information.
- Strong interpersonal and cooperative working skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administrative ability and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
The BCHL is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
If you are interested in the full-time Office Manager position for the BCHL, please submit a resume and cover letter by July 8th, 2022. All responses are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-07-08
Expected start date: 2022-08-01
Click here to submit an application.