Chilliwack Chiefs – Sales Associate
Posted: Mar. 9, 2021
Chilliwack Sports and Entertainment is seeking a hard-working, creative, and motivated sales professional who wants to build a career in the sports and entertainment business. This position will service new and existing accounts, work all home games and cultivate relationships with their corporate clientele.
In addition, the candidate will create new ideas to increase ticket sales and retention, perform basic office functions as needed and help attain corporate and ticket sales goals each season. The candidate will report directly to the Vice President of Business Operations.
Primary responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of new and renewed revenue through the sale of corporate partnerships and ticket sales including arena signage, advertising, promotional elements, and ticket packages.
- Prospecting new areas and businesses to target for partnerships & ticket sales.
- Meeting with and presenting partnership opportunities to potential prospects.
- Developing contract summaries/contracts for partnerships.
- Work home games and community events for the purpose of developing new prospects, servicing customers, and performing other game night duties
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Business Operations
Qualifications for the position include:
- Experience in sales and sports preferred but not necessary
- Effective communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be a self-starter, team player and goal oriented
- Good working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and database programs
- Ability and willingness to work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
*start date contingent on BCHL Return to Play schedule*
To apply, please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Coquitlam Express – Head Coach/Assistant General Manager
Posted: Mar. 9, 2021
The Coquitlam Express Junior A hockey club of the BCHL are currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Head Coach and Assistant General Manager.
Ideally, the candidate will have successful experience as Head Coach or substantial experience as an Assistant Coach at the Junior A level or higher. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
A complete application includes a cover letter, resume and three names of professional references. To apply, please submit electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls will not be taken.
A review of applications will be done by the hiring committee and will begin immediately. The process will continue until the position is filled.
A complete description of the position will be provided to those applicants shortlisted.