The BCHL is pleased once again to partner with the Vancouver Canucks Alumni on the BCHL Canucks Alumni Scholarship Program, presented by LNG Canada. This program is designed to provide former BCHL players the opportunity to apply for scholarship funds as they continue their academic careers.
Since 1987, the BCHL and Canucks Alumni have provided scholarships to players who have graduated from the league. The recipients of the scholarships will be determined by a selection committee of the BCHL and will be based on the individual’s academics, hockey and community service.
The committee will select 10 applicants each to be awarded with a $2,500 scholarship to a Canadian post-secondary institution.
Last year’s scholarship recipients were:
- Trevor Esau – Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (Prince George Spruce Kings – 159 GP)
- Jeremy Lucchini – York University (Trail Smoke Eaters – 175 GP)
- Spencer McLean – Grant MacEwen University (Trail Smoke Eaters – 214 GP)
- Vincent Millette – University of Moncton (Nanaimo Clippers/Cowichan Valley Capitals – 130 GP)
- Eric Margo – Queen’s University (Coquitlam Express/Nanaimo Clippers/Alberni Valley Bulldogs – 160 GP)
- Marcus Tesink – Concordia University (Chilliwack Chiefs – 86 GP)
- Callum Volpe – University of Victoria (Vernon Vipers/Powell River Kings/Chilliwack Chiefs – 137 GP)
As part of previously-awarded scholarships, last year, the BCHL and Canucks Alumni continued to provide financial support to:
- Jaime Bourbonnais – Cornell University (granddaughter of alum Roger Bourbonnais)
- Domenic Masellis – Simon Fraser University (Surrey Eagles/Langley Rivermen/Penticton Vees/Coquitlam Express – 214 GP)
- Skylar Pacheco – Brock University (Prince George Spruce Kings/Cowichan Valley Capitals – 221 GP)
Recipients of the scholarship award must have played a minimum of 50 games in the BCHL, must be graduated from junior hockey, must not have received a full-ride scholarship and must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
Click here for submission details.
Deadline to apply is March 1, 2021.