After three weeks of in-conference play, it's time to see how some of the Interior's top teams stack up against their Coastal competition. This weekend, the Vernon Vipers and Quesnel Millionaires will continue their trips through the Island and Mainland divisions respectively.
On Thursday, the Mills began their four-game trip on a positive note, jumping out to a two-goal first period lead in Alberni Valley and holding on for a 4-3 win. On Friday, Quesnel will visit Victoria while trips to Cowichan Valley and Nanaimo are on tap for Saturday and Sunday.
Meanwhile, the Vernon Vipers will look to rebound from Wednesday's loss to Powell River when they face the Coastal Conference-leading Langley Chiefs on Friday night. For the Vipers, the game marks another opportunity to test themselves against one of the league's top scorers after Kings' forwards Clay Harvey and Darcy Oakes each struck for a pair of points two nights ago. Chiefs winger Justin Grant leads with BCHL with 17 points.
In other action Friday night:
- The Penticton Vees raise their 2008 Fred Page Cup championship banner before opening their home schedule against Salmon Arm.
- Prince George visits Trail in the BCHL Game of the Week.
- Powell River looks to build on the momentum of Wednesday's win when they visit Cowichan Valley.
- Westside travels to Merritt to face the Centennials
- Surrey seeks revenge for a pair of losses in last weekend's home-and-home series with the Express in Burnaby.
- Alberni Valley seeks a bounce-back win in Nanaimo.
Check out all the action in the BCHL Fanzone.