The BCHL has finalized and published its schedule for the 2019-20 regular season, with the exception of the BCHL Showcase Festival presented by Bauer which is set for Oct. 2 to 5.
To view the entire league schedule, click here.
Opening night for the regular season is Friday, Sept. 6 and it will conclude on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020.
“We are excited for what the 2019-20 season has in store for our 17 clubs,” said Steven Cocker, BCHL Executive Director, Competition and Events. “As we saw at the NHL Draft last week, it’s an exciting time to be involved in the BCHL. Now with the schedule in place, we can all start looking ahead to what is sure to be another great season”
Some highlights of this year’s regular season include:
- Sunday, Sept 8: Chilliwack Chiefs at Langley Rivermen – A rematch of the first round of the 2019 playoffs where the Chiefs came back from down 3-0 in the series to win in seven games.
- Saturday, Sept. 21: Penticton Vees at Cowichan Valley Capitals – The first time the teams will play since the Capitals upset the Vees in the first round of the 2019 playoffs.
- Saturday, Sept. 28: Powell River Kings at Victoria Grizzlies – One of the fiercest rivalries in the BCHL and the first meeting since Victoria beat Powell River in Game 7 of the Island Division Finals.
- Friday, Oct. 18: Vernon Vipers at Penticton Vees – Another one of the biggest rivalries in the league, these teams meet for the first of six matchups this season.
- Friday, Nov. 13: Vernon Vipers at Prince George Spruce Kings – A rematch of the 2019 Fred Page Cup Finals, won by Prince George in four games.
All regular-season and playoff games will once again be carried on the BCHL’s HockeyTV pay-per-view site.
The league will announce the schedule and locations for the BCHL Showcase Festival presented by Bauer later this week.